Mining Engineering!

dennisalex833

• 1 year later...

[quote name='dennisalex833' date='Jul 31, 2008 - 16:00' timestamp='1217520034' post='21156']
Thanks Dude!!! does anyone know any uni in Canada or Uk that offer this course??
[/quote]

Can anyone provide me info regarding how many predicted points are required for getting an unconditional offer from U of T, Mc Gill, waterloo, Queens, UBC, Alberta etc for bachellors in Mining Engineering/ Geological Engineering. I know that not many people opt to do either of these courses and hence the requirements are less..

Predicts- 34/42
MATH SL -7
CHEM HL-7
History Hl- 6
Phy HL - 6
English A1 sl- 6
Spanish Ab initio- 2

Thanks

Have you tried going to each one's website? Here's one for U of T: http://www.adm.utoronto.ca/adm-awards/admissions/info/$%7Bbase%7D/admissions.action
Usually, some information is there somewhere. And you can always email the admissions office of your interested school/department at the uni. That's all I can suggest.

Don't forget the way Canadian and American universities work. The first year, you apply for Engineering, then you choose your major (for example mining engineering) at the end of your first year, I believe. Not sure on the specifics, but I do know that you do a year of general engineering first. And as Engineering is a pretty competitive field, don't expect it to be easy to get into that first year :D

I've heard good things about UBC's Mining Engineering department.

[quote name='dennisalex833' date='Oct 22, 2009 - 12:03' timestamp='1256231013' post='58446']
[quote name='dennisalex833' date='Jul 31, 2008 - 16:00' timestamp='1217520034' post='21156']
Thanks Dude!!! does anyone know any uni in Canada or Uk that offer this course??
[/quote]

Can anyone provide me info regarding how many predicted points are required for getting an unconditional offer from U of T, Mc Gill, waterloo, Queens, UBC, Alberta etc for bachellors in Mining Engineering/ Geological Engineering. I know that not many people opt to do either of these courses and hence the requirements are less..

Predicts- 34/42
MATH SL -7
CHEM HL-7
History Hl- 6
Phy HL - 6
English A1 sl- 6
Spanish Ab initio- 2

Thanks
[/quote]

This is what it says for admission to Waterloo's geological engineering program:

"Mathematics and Physics (Higher Level recommended), each with a minimum final grade of 5. Chemistry and English A1, each with a minimum final grade of 5. One additional Higher Level or Standard Level course with a minimum final grade of 5."

Also, usually it's true at other Canadian universities that you the first year is just general engineering and then you pick a specialty field at the end of first year, but actually at Waterloo, the engineering programs are 5 years long (because of co-op) and you enter directly into your chosen field right away. It is difficult to switch out of your program after the first year and into a different engineering program because of this (your geological eng courses will be different from chem eng, comp eng, nanotech eng etc courses) so choose carefully (if you end up going to Waterloo)!

Edited by __inthemaking