How can I imporve in reading comprehension in French?

Che Guevara

Read a lot.

When I was taking Spanish in the IB, I liked to read things in Spanish as often as I can. Go to online French newspaper sites and read them. Find articles that interest you and try to understand them. It's okay to use a dictionary, but try to infer the meaning of a word before you go look it up. If you can, if you're out and about try to read French signs/translations on things. I'd read the Spanish sections of travel brochures/medicine labels/advertisements just out of boredom or for fun. If your teacher assigns short readings to do for class, read them and actually try to understand it. If you really want to test out your comprehension, get a copy of a book you like translated into French, and try to read it.

You'll find by reading a lot in French, your vocabulary is going to improve (duh, being around more words), your ability to understand context clues will also improve, and you'll get better at reading comprehension in general.

• Like 1