TOK Presentation

matthewmdm

Hey guys! Recently, ToK students at my school were asked to create and present mock presentations. These presentations were graded on the ToK presentation rubric from IB. These aren't the official ones. They were merely for practice. However, I still had a few questions about the grading policy.

On the mock presentation, my group got a 7/10. The teacher said our Knowledge Issue/Question was great, but our presentation was not extremely engaging. She said we also needed more opposing viewpoints. However, we had an engaging activity that would help the audience understand our concept. We also included many viewpoints. Our teacher seemed to have favored presentations that started in class debates. Should we have done a debate?

Also, the same teacher gave another group a 9/10. They did not have a clear Knowledge Question. I was under the impression that this was one of the key parts of the ToK presentation. They also did not properly apply AoKs and WoKs. They used a lot of statistics, however.

This leads me to my question to you all: what am I missing with these presentations?

Edited by matthewmdm

You gotta be strategic, so yes, if your teacher favours debates then do a debate.

As for the other stuff, as iamyourmum said, it's impossible to say without knowing anything about your presentation.