Self-study English A HL?

Hi,

I want to study English A Lang&Lit at higher level to get into a very good university to study law. Unfortunately my school doesn't allow Physics HL and English A HL to be combined and I need these two because I'm also interested in studying Engineering.

I can go to the English A Lang&Lit standard level class but since my chances for getting into the best universities are a lot higher if I have English A Lang&Lit at HL instead.

So If I go to the standard level english class, will I then be able/allowed to self-study the higher level part of the english course? And how hard will it be to self-study only the higher level part since I will have a fairly good teacher?(same teacher has HL English)

Thanks for the help, I will see my student councelor tomorrow and also be in contact with my IBcoordinator.

From what I can tell, your English is good, so self studying shouldn't be too much of a problem. I don't know your schools specifc rules about self studying, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it. Plus, there is a teacher at your school who teaches HL English A, so you will have guidance.

From what I can tell, your English is good, so self studying shouldn't be too much of a problem. I don't know your schools specifc rules about self studying, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do it. Plus, there is a teacher at your school who teaches HL English A, so you will have guidance.

Yeah that what my mom said too. I didn't get to discuss with my Ibcoordinator today but I have maths with him tomorrow whether he would be able to change the schedule one more time so that I can combine Physics Hl and English HL because I really need both of these subjects. Also, isn't it so that the difference between English A SL and HL is only that you write one more written task or world literature or whatever it is called, I mean so that there's only more content in the course and that the HL students don't learn things that SL students doesn't? Am I right?

And a lot of my classmates that I'm very good friend with have chosen English A at higher level so I can ask a lot of things from them and do what they do through the course.