Which is better: BSc or BSS?

CCLemon

Hello!

I know there's no set answer for the question I'm asking but I just want to know what the majority thinks. I can't decide whether I should do a BSc Psychology or BSS Psychology at uni, plus I don't even know what exactly is the difference between the two degrees :( (except that they stand for Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Social Science). I heard that on your CV BSc is better...is this even true?! Though I guess it depends on the company as well. But I'm planning to go into a healthcare related job so...does anyone have any ideas? :( Thank you!

[quote name='CCLemon' post='20474' date='Jul 24 2008, 03:52 PM']Hello!

I know there's no set answer for the question I'm asking but I just want to know what the majority thinks. I can't decide whether I should do a BSc Psychology or BSS Psychology at uni, plus I don't even know what exactly is the difference between the two degrees :( (except that they stand for Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Social Science). I heard that on your CV BSc is better...is this even true?! Though I guess it depends on the company as well. But I'm planning to go into a healthcare related job so...does anyone have any ideas? :( Thank you![/quote]

i think the difference is of minor importancy

difference between social studies and science in psychology degree may indicate small differences in the course subjects

did u see specific schedule of subjects for those two? that's where the answer may be found

I think it depends on whether you consider psychology an art or a science. I personally believe that the art of psychology lies in the ideas, science just happens to be the method to empirically investigate the ideas. Do you consider health care more of an art than a science? I don't think it matters tbh, I'm doing an MA in Psychology and Linguistics and I don't think it will hurt my chances of becoming a board certified psychologist when I'm done. I think the title is more of a school dependent thing than anything. I'd never actually heard of a BSS even though it makes more sense since psychology is more a social science than a natural science. However, I'm sure there are arguments for both sides given the technology available today to have positivistic claims rather than Freudian unfalsifiable ones.

I guess I can let you know in 4 years whether my MA title hurts my chances of getting a job :( .

• 2 weeks later...