TOK Presentation, can I discuss a theoretical situation?

kmvpkmvp

I don't think it's a very good idea to discuss theoretical situations. I know for sure that discussing theoretical or hypothetical situations is definitely strongly discouraged in the essay. I would think that it would similarly be discouraged in the presentation as well. But if this is just a small part of your presentation, like maybe you're just making a 30 second statement on it, I don't think there would be a big problem, if 95% of your presentation consists of solid examples.

I don't think bringing in one hypothetical example is a bad idea. However, it shouldn't be the major focus of your presentation, which should be rooted in solid, real examples.

Personal story: Did a TOK essay in class once just as a practice, used a hypothetical situation throughout the paper, teacher said it would get like a D if it were the real thing. Don't do that :P There are plenty of real world examples you can draw from.