Starting Freshman MYP

Stussy

So I'm starting freshman IB-MYP next year and hopefully will make it through all 4 years. I'm already in middle school MYP now, but it's simple middle school stuff. I'm so scared and confused. Is it possible that you can be in JUST geometry (not Honors Geometry) for freshman year?(I'm in Algebra 1-2 now).

How did your freshman afterschool schedule work out? Where you overwhelmed with homework? Super long extended essays? Was it hard to keep up? Where you able to do 1.5 hours of afterschool sports, still get all your homework done and go to bed on time? BTW my HS will start at 7:15 and end at 2:00PM.

-How often did you get essays for freshamn year? Anything will help! :)

LOL 9th grade.

You could be in "just geometry." But we don't know how your school works. You need to talk to the administration at your school (a guidance counselor maybe) who could answer that.

Freshman year was easy. It was just honors versions of regular high school classes, no IB or AP or anything like that (except for the super ambitious/I want to get into Harvard people who signed up for AP classes freshman year). I don't recall ever regularly spending more than like 2 hours on my homework per night. Lots of people did sports and got their homework done. And I probably only got essays to do in English and history that were never really longer than a page or two.

Why don't you go relax and go enjoy life and not let things that aren't going to affect you for at least a year with IB not affecting you for like 2 more years? There is nothing to be worried about, and your classes won't be that difficult.

• Like 1