Pride and Prejudice Setting

Guest Marioti

Guest Marioti

Hey guys

So for english we were assigned pride and prejudice and I actually thought it was a pretty great book.

I bet most of you have watched the movie already and maybe have not read the book, but I still recommend it :)

Anyways

We had a question of how the setting of the novel affected the events. I really wasn't such a fan of the setting of the book at all. I'm not into very much of how they talk and all that, but I do love the plot.

I do however think that the setting had great impact on the novel because of all the traditions they had :D

Just wondering what you guys thought if you have read or watched the movie.

ı watched the movie and read the book and I can say that I really loved them! About the setting, considering that the events are happening in such time that woman are only looked at like an objects; for marriage and giving birth, it is unusual and rather bizarre for women to chase after their rights. Elizabeth ( if I remember correctly) wants to marry a guy that the society is not approve.

I think you can focus on how woman were treated at that time especially, it would really help you.