English EE topic!

gozhwl

I'm thinking of doing my EE on Dispatches by Michael Herr but I haven't got a solid topic sentence yet..
I have come up with a topic question
"In what ways does Michael Herr express his views on the Vietnam War in his book Dispatches?"
but is this too general for EE topic? I'm not sure if this topic would work and I really need to decide on my topic ASAP.
Can anyone give me some suggestions?
P.S I'm trying to focus on new journalism and Michael Herr's perception of the war
Is there a topic in which I can combine both?

Guest Lily Bean

[quote name='gozhwl' post='19198' date='Jul 3 2008, 09:08 AM']I'm thinking of doing my EE on Dispatches by Michael Herr but I haven't got a solid topic sentence yet..
"In what ways does Michael Herr express his views on the Vietnam War in his book Dispatches?"
but is this too general for EE topic? I'm not sure if this topic would work and I really need to decide on my topic ASAP.
P.S I'm trying to focus on new journalism and Michael Herr's perception of the war
Is there a topic in which I can combine both?[/quote]
Yes, it's a bit too general.

Try 'In what ways and with what effects..."

That gives you more to analyse I think

The IBO strongly suggests you keep away from topics that bleed into other subject areas. Ex: Biochemistry. Your topic sentence is good but you need to make sure you don't cross the line between English and History because you wouldn't wanna lose marks on your essay.

[quote name='gozhwl' post='19198' date='Jul 3 2008, 04:08 PM']I'm thinking of doing my EE on Dispatches by Michael Herr but I haven't got a solid topic sentence yet..
Is there a topic in which I can combine both?[/quote]

Ok how about you try this instead

"In what ways does Michael Herr express his views on the Vietnam War as a source/symbol of global disunity."

Or whatever the book may have. But the key is to have it very focused on a specific view.