How to do well on Cultural Anthopology Paper 1 & 2?

azaela

Hello everyone!

I'm taking the Cultural Anthropology Standard Level course, and I've been doing the Paper 1 & 2 exam practice. But the score is not that good... So I'm just curious on what I should do to get a good score on both my paper 1 and 2, also will the IB give the score not far from the teacher's predicted grade? Thank you! :))))

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I have noticed in IB is that to score well, you need to take a look at the criteria rubric. I can provide you with some technical tips (as I'm not an Anthropology student).

1. Take a look at the marking criteria and rubric. They will give you the pointers so as to what is expected of you.

2. IB is big on "How Well Do You Organise Your Answer". Basically follow a structred pattern for your answer by giving the most coherent response possible (for e.g if an answer requires you to give causes and then explanation, first enlist the main cause and then give subsequent causes and the related ones, each with a brief but a clear explanation.)

3. If there is a time constrain, then while you are practising time yourself accordingly. Ask yourself how much time should you spend on a question to be able to do justice to the answer.

4. KEEP PRACTISING. Clear any misunderstandings in any concepts that you encounter soon as possible. Practice tests as a simulation of the real thing. It will hone your time management and organsiational skills.

Hope this helps! Best of luck!