Hey everyone,

I figured out my research question for my extended essay to involve evaluating a company's CSR and whether it would be profitable in the long-term for them.

Do any of you have any idea how I could attack CSR or which business tools I could use and research on?

Any help would be absolutely amazing, thanks!

Well I guess you could consider the company's social/ethical consideration and its environmental consideration (so like, 2 different angles of CSR can be looked at). When you say "evaluating" it sounds like you'd just be weighing up the advantages/disadvantages of CSR for the company (some of which are quite obvious - better public image, more cost). But you're also estimating whether it would be "profitable" and here it seems quite problematic as a key consequence of CSR is public image/goodwill - an intangible asset that's very difficult to quantitate. However, if you are looking at whether it would be 'profitable' it seems like you'd probably need some financial data of some kind - maybe like a cash flow forecast or something to see whether anticipated financial gain would be greater with/without CSR (although another problem is that you're discussing it's profitability in the long-term, and the cash flow forecast would be quite inaccurate over the long-term). I can't really think of any other business tools you can use...

So I'm not really sure if I answered your question or not but hopefully this helps somehow :)