Pre-IB Entrance Test

pitaupi

I had to take the CAT as well. The questions are only about english reading/writing as well as math. Maybe read over some basic geometric math formulas but you can't become better at math or better at English in a week. Honestly, getting enough sleep and being healthy / well fed for the test is most important (when I went I had the flu and had such a bad headache that I didn't finish the math section). There are no facts to memorize that will help you, so don't psych yourself out. Best of luck!

Which school is this for (St Robert by any chance)?

I would suggest you study for the SSAT senior section as the tests are fairly similar in style. Study some vocabulary that most middle-schoolers should know. Math in the CAT is very easy if you do well in school.

For the school that I took it (Robs), a lot of people even with high CAT scores got rejected if they had poor marks/poor academic standing. Don't stress too much about the CAT. It's not really a big deal and it's very easy to do well on if you study diligently in day school.