Chemistry HL P1 and P2

IHaveNoLife

paper 1 was good. Question 1 for paper 2 was unlike anything I have ever seen and it was so hard!! There was literally no stoichiometry (excuse spelling) like calculating moles, or the mass of a compound in a sample, nothing like that. I really hope the grade boundaries are really low this year =\

Also: what did people put for why the concentration of hydrogen peroxide stays constant?

Edited by chocolate11001

paper 1 was good. Question 1 for paper 2 was unlike anything I have ever seen and it was so hard!! There was literally no stoichiometry (excuse spelling) like calculating moles, or the mass of a compound in a sample, nothing like that. I really hope the grade boundaries are really low this year =\

Also: what did people put for why the concentration of hydrogen peroxide stays constant?

For me i said because the H2O2 was in large excess (idk i didnt even check properly whether it was really in excess haha)

Paper 1 was really good. I'm happy with it.. the difficulty was similar to previous years.

However, Paper 2 is a totally different story.. I'm really so disappointed .. I mean the November 2012 one was soooo easy in comparison to this years. I really hope the grade boundary is low.. Im actually disappointed because... chemistry paper 2 was my worst exam overall :| and I LOVE CHEMISTRY :(

hmmm...anyone did ..question 7 of section B ... what ph did you get for the buffer solution 7(f)

But hopefully.. paper 1 and 3 ... can help boost my mark .. :/

Paper 1 and 3 were pretty easy, but Paper 2 was a nightmare. I did so many past papers for that exam, and some of those questions were nothing like what has come up before.

Not impressed with Paper 2, praying that the grade boundaries are low. I put so much effort into Chemistry and it sucks that the paper was so bad :(

Paper 1 was amazing. Paper 2 of course had that horrible first question. Did anyone else get confused about the difference between the two questions about percentage uncertainty? Personally section B was worse than the previous years. Was lost on at least 4 marks on each section B question.

Paper 3 was alright. Did anyone else choose Human Biochem (was so easyyyy except for the cytochrome question which I blanked on) and Further Organic Chemistry (the mechanisms I was quite uncertain about)?

Edited by ViXen

Paper 2 was something ! Pure application based.

In paper 3- further organic, i was uncertain about the last mechanism :|

I hope the threshold for paper 2 would be low this time.

Yeah i thought for awhile for the last mechanism, then i remembered one of the MCQ questions in P1 about step up reactions using a CN- ion and realised that was the key. Only stupid thing i did was to use HCN as the reagent insteaed of KCN lol. Not sure if they would accept it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...