What have you been learning in TOK?

Kristen

• 2 weeks later...

All I learn is that nothing is 100% correct.

But I always feel like messing with the teacher in some way or another.

Whenever a teacher tells you that you can't be sure of anything and if you do philosophy. Just repeat Descartes...

Student- I know I exist.

Teacher- Are you sure about that? how do you really know?

Student- I think, therefore I exist... I win.

Either that or throw a chair at your teachers head and when he or she accuses you of attack them just ask "But how do you know?"

• 3 weeks later...

We are learning about the areas of knowledge: language, perception, reason, emotion etc.

same here. on top of that, we are given examples and things. recently, we learned the different types of fallacy and we watched "12 Angry Men" to find what kind of reasoning the characters are using and which type of fallacies... pretty interesting.

OMG i am so worried... we havent learned ANY OF THE THINGS you are talking about here!

and im done with my first year of ib in one month!

our teacher just changed and now we are starting from the basics of WOK and AOK

like we are just starting with WOK

any comments i should tell the teacher?

i know that our new teacher is great but if we are lacking way behind thats a problem :)

Basically, nothing. We read one or two chapters in the beginning of the year, but after that, we pretty much didn't do anything, other than reading Christian-related stuff. It was interesting, but I still would have preferred to do some more TOK-related stuff, so that I didn't have to kill myself over while writing my essay.

we've just started rationalism. the whole logic and reasoning thing.

finished natural + human sciences, the arts and mathematics. though we're still way behind the other two TOK classes which are currently doing fallacies.

oh, and we've done two mock TOK presentations and two mock TOK essays. i personally detest the essays. they are just so.. annoying to write. the presentations are tolerable, though i think it's unfair how an A is 19/20!

• 2 weeks later...