Biology Extended essay...Plz help me!

perfectpiscean

Hello every1!

Im new 2 the forum....n hv a serious problem!

Im unable 2 decide my topic 4 my EE...My subject area is Bio...and im good at the human body....genetics...n the environement!

Guys....ur suggestions and comments and any other topic titles that any1 can suggest wud be very well received by me!

Please help me guys...Please! :P

Guest Spicyramen

Well You should pick a topic that is recent, like a current issue and new discoveries, something that will capture the attention of the grader, not something that has been over done like how sugar in foods such as gum and soda effect our bodies.

In addition you have to state in your essay how this will be a stepping stone for the future and how this could significantly impact the population.

I'm doing mine on Bio too (Genetics) and my topic deals with the smoking gene and it's role in the development of lung cancer. I looked at, and you MUST, only the bio apect of it. Meaning , the specific receptors and the gene. I also took consideration of gender and race. And the main Idea of mine is that if smoking and lung cancer are related to a gene, could we use this to our advantage and how so, such as warning them before hand if someone that has the gene.
You must look into the issue and then state what the benefits are all while talking about how it will work biologically.
And make sure an experiment has already been done or you do one yourself.

I think first you must pick a topic and work on your thesis. If you have an idea already, work on it and try to prove it. That is how I usually begin to write my essays. Your thesis will obviously change as yo go along unless you are really firm about your idea. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='perfectpiscean' post='18405' date='Jun 16 2008, 02:36 PM']Hello every1!

Im new 2 the forum....n hv a serious problem!

Im unable 2 decide my topic 4 my EE...My subject area is Bio...and im good at the human body....genetics...n the environement!

Guys....ur suggestions and comments and any other topic titles that any1 can suggest wud be very well received by me!

Please help me guys...Please! :) [/quote]

Well, most of the people who do Bio EEs usually write a lab report. Some possible topics that you could do are:

- the effect of detergent toxicity on soil bacteria
- the effect of a banana peel on seed germination
- the effect of PH levels in soil on plant growth
- uses of the gel electrophoresis technique

note that these are really broad examples, but for more detailed topics you can visit the biology section in this PDF file (http://www.turnerfentonib.com/docs/ee/EE_Guide_NEW.pdf)

edit: if you need anymore help, dont hesitate to PM me :)

Edited by IBSQUARED