T.O.K. presentation topic

Dcool

hey guys
i'm having serious problems with me T.O.K. presentation
my title is: ' Does USA have the right to investigate the worlds' nurclear ambitions?
it is contemporary, atleast so i think and we will be linking USA to Iran and North Korea esp.
with ofcourse listing out other countries dealing with nuclear power
but... i am so lost with AoK and WoK
and what and which would relate... PLZ help

Hey. I don't know much about your topic, but I'll tell you how I did my presentation. I also don't know if it'll work for you, as it differs from person to person, but let's see...

First thing you could do, is go from your Knowledge issue. Do a brainstorm of everything you know about your topic. Ask yourself questions like: Where have I heard about this before? What are the main arguments for and agaisnt? How am I personally connected to the topic? (IB likes it when your give personal examples in your presentation) Who is involved? When was there an event connected to this topic? Basically use the "who, what, when, why, where, and how" questions to get your started.

Do some research on the topic. Use .com sources to begin with, to get a good idea of your topic and what some of the arguments are. When you have a good basic grasp, go on to research in books, magizines, and newpapers (online articles are awesome). Get in touch with your librarian, and she/he will probably give you a lot of help finding sources. Always to remember to record where you get information, especially if you are using quotes.

When you have a good amount of information on your topic, categorize it. I know for mine, I put my information into three different sections (i.e. I was doing how video games affected youth, so I had "aggression, socialization, and consciousness"). After your have your info labelled off, make sure you have support for both sides of the argument (you almost always need support for both sides to get a higher level mark).

When you have your arguments together, make sure the presentation flows well, and that you are not just listing off facts: as someone posted when I asked a similar question, you don't want to look superficial. Try to memorize the jist of it, but not word-for-word. Unfortunately (or in my case, fortunetly), this is not as structured as the IOPs or IOCs.

Use TOK terminology like Perception, Emotion, Language, and Reason in your presentation as well: this is your WoK (Ways of Knowledge). I know I categorized all of my arguements on a slideshow presentation, so that I wouldn't forget to do so as I talked.

Your AoK, or Areas of Knowledge, are known as one of the following: mathematics, natural sciences, social sciences, history, the arts, ethics, and spirituality. Your topic is probably in ethics.

Try to remove as much bias as possible from your presentation, and state what kind of bias could be present. Presentation aides (videos, quotes, slideshow presentations) are also good, as this creates interest in the topic, and so it creates more discussion afterwards, which is great.

Oh, and read over the marking cyteria VERY carefully. If you don't have a copy, I'll try and find you one. ^-^

I hope this helps, and good luck with your presentation! :D

Edited by LancerGirl