Starting IB next year, any advice on my courses?

Bobby Tsankov

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and am about to start IB certificate (yes, laugh all you want) next year. I'm just wondering whether these courses will require myself losing sleep in order to succeed.

HL Chemistry

HL Biology

HL French

SL Psych

CAS

Will this be a lot of work on my shoulders? I'm the type who finds memorization and learning languages really easy. How much homework would I expect to have next year?

• 1 month later...

I would definately stay away from Biology and Chemistry HL,these two have the lowest grades average in the world. Oh and yes, they are very hard as I hear from my friends who take it.

Good luck!

Well, if someone wants to apply to study some scientific subject, they kinda have no choice but to choose either, or both, of those...

I would definately stay away from Biology and Chemistry HL,these two have the lowest grades average in the world. Oh and yes, they are very hard as I hear from my friends who take it.

Good luck!

Well, if someone wants to apply to study some scientific subject, they kinda have no choice but to choose either, or both, of those...

There are bunch of other opition to choose for from Science group, depending on school that he/she attends. Considering the fact that Bobby Tsankov is from Canada, I bet they must have huge variety of options. :))))

Good luck!

There are bunch of other opition to choose for from Science group, depending on school that he/she attends. Considering the fact that Bobby Tsankov is from Canada, I bet they must have huge variety of options. :))))

Yeah, but if you want to study medicine/biochemistry or something like that, no one is gonna be impressed by your ESS HL...

Good luck!

Yeah, but if you want to study medicine/biochemistry or something like that, no one is gonna be impressed by your ESS HL...

Sure, but he didn't state that he wants to study anything related to that...

Not necessarily. Most IB schools do not have a huge variety of subjects and oftentimes half of them are picked for you (as was in the case at my school). And at the IB school in the city next to mine, they only offer biology for Group 4. If you want to go to med school or pharmacy school or something like that, you can't just say "oh biology and chemistry is hard I'm just going to take ESS lol."

• Like 1

Not necessarily. Most IB schools do not have a huge variety of subjects and oftentimes half of them are picked for you (as was in the case at my school). And at the IB school in the city next to mine, they only offer biology for Group 4. If you want to go to med school or pharmacy school or something like that, you can't just say "oh biology and chemistry is hard I'm just going to take ESS lol."

You are definately right, did not consider all the options. But he didn't say anything about being interested to sudy things related to Bio and Chem, otherwise I would surely suggest taking both of these at HL. :))))

You are definately right, did not consider all the options. But he didn't say anything about being interested to sudy things related to Bio and Chem, otherwise I would surely suggest taking both of these at HL. :))))

Actually as long as all other requirements for what you want to study later are filled, you can study something at HL just because it interests you :) I'm a chemical engineering student and I took HL Spanish B (and got a 7 on top of it) because I liked it. If you like a subject, you'll likely do better at it.