Extended Essat Outline

k10manion

Hey!
I have decided to do my extended essay on " To what extent has Womens' rights improved in the last 20 years in Saudi Arabia"?

But I am having a hard time starting off. I am confused on how I should structure my essay and how I should break down the paragraphs...

Any help would be great
thanks!
K10 IB May '09

• 4 weeks later...

I'll give you an example using a different topic (that one of my teachers has showed us)

The Research Question was along the lines of: Did President Roosevelt anticipate the attack on Pearl Harbor, and if so, why did he not take measures to prevent it?

The Thesis: Roosevelt desperately sought a motive to enter WW2 in support of the Allies and he knowingly placed Pearl Harbor and America at risk.

The essay starts off with an Abstract (page one) and then the intro (pages 2-3)

Arguments: (these arguments are summarized, just to give you the main idea)

Argument 1- The American Federal Bureau of Investigation had increased awareness and investigations of transmissions being sent between Japan and her European allies before official American involvement in the war.

Argument 2- The American naval fleet was moved to Pearl Harbor, a place where Roosevelt could easily claim they were "safe", whilst still being an obvious target.

Argument 3- The American Government developed policies which would solely aid certain countries and make them prepared for a state of warfare

Argument 4- President Roosevelt had a strong desire to become involved in the Second World War, and only a catastrophic event would push the American people to agree to enter into the war

Argument 5- Due to increasing British pressure on the Americans to enter the War, Roosevelt was compelled to find a menthod of entering WW2 in support of his British ally (Churchill)

Conclusion
Bibliography

You should start by either stating that they improved substantially or hardly improved in the 20years (obviously this would be your thesis), and then break into paragraphs

• Like 1