Mixting Subjects

Rawrn3ss

I really really want to do a Biology EE but I have no time or the resources during the summer to do one.
I was thinking about doing a biology based history essay instead. However, I'm worried that mixing two extremely different subjects could lower my mark.

My topic was going to be about vaccinations and how they suppress our immune system throughout time. The only problem is that vaccines haven't been around that long so the history aspect wouldn't be very enriched.

Edited by Rawrn3ss

You could do that, but I would say that's strictly history.

For any sciences EE, you HAVE to perform an experiment and your essay will be in the form of a lab report (complete with graphs, diagrams, tables, trials, conclusions, etc).

Personally, I don't think that's a good topic to do because with history EEs, you need a topic that can be backed up or opposed by a variety of historians (speaking from experience--I did a history EE). You have to be able to support your claims, and take one side of an argument. I'm not sure if there ARE sides to the argument here.

Guest Lily Bean

Mixing subject is NOT recommended and yes apparently if your essay doesn't lean one way or another in term of subject you'd lose mark in the subject specific criteria

• 4 weeks later...