Surit

Hello, forums. I've just joined here hoping for assistance in picking a more refined EE question. I am in year II of the diploma programme, and am pressed for time regarding my EE. My original Extended Essay was on aerodynamics, but due to several problems it didn't work out. As a result, I've had to make a decision to change my EE topic, and physics is what I'm sticking with. Currently, my chosen topic is optics - lenses, and while I'd prefer to do it on aperture, diffraction, or distortion, I'm open to doing other things in optics as well. By this point things have gotten to a head and I have to decide really quickly both a question and my experiment. I'm open to anyone willing to help. I have a basic idea to relate it to photography through camera lenses and the depth of fieild created for different lenses and aperture, or through distortion (aberration) and cook up some similarities with how our eye works. I am aware that our eye has a very small depth of field, so I might be able to figure out the depth of field for 50mm lenses with a pupil-sized aperture. However, forming a question and focusing it is a tough one. I do want topics that are relevant to photagraphy, but most anything in light will do.

Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Surit

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi Surit,

I really hope your still around because I would really like to know what you ended up doing for your ee.  I'm in the same boat, im doing optics but I really need a question.  I hope you can help, struggling at the moment.  

Vi

• 1 year later...
On 6/10/2019 at 1:02 AM, Vitrogen said:

Hi Surit,

I really hope your still around because I would really like to know what you ended up doing for your ee.  I'm in the same boat, im doing optics but I really need a question.  I hope you can help, struggling at the moment.  

Vi

Hi.. im on the same boat.. what did you do with yours. I wanted to do Bragg Reflects in Fiber Optic cables but that was rejected midway through. Please let me know.

20 hours ago, SatyamGuptaVED said:

Hi.. im on the same boat.. what did you do with yours. I wanted to do Bragg Reflects in Fiber Optic cables but that was rejected midway through. Please let me know.

i ended up doing mine on glasses and contact lenses cos my other stuff was rejected, defo not recommended it wasn’t very good and had little physics content. if you can do something with fiber optics that seems promising! best of luck!