Math EE - Aesthetic properties of phi

Jeff IB

So I was looking at the Mathematics EE's and I saw one of the titles about the aethetic uses of the Golden Rectangle in Casement windows...

...to me, that is immensly specific. I am doing the Aesthetic Properties of Phi (which is the Golden Rectangle, basically...)

Is mine too broad or is the other just too specific?

Guest Lily Bean

Yours definitely sound too broad. You have to narrow down, what about the aesthetic properties phi are you going to talk about? its impact on X? its use? Right now you've got the concept - the aesthetic property of phi, but you don't have to focus.

[quote name='Lily Bean' post='17677' date='Jun 1 2008, 11:31 PM']Yours definitely sound too broad. You have to narrow down, what about the aesthetic properties phi are you going to talk about? its impact on X? its use? Right now you've got the concept - the aesthetic property of phi, but you don't have to focus.[/quote]

Thanks; I think I am going to focus on Phi vs the 2/3 rule and that debate.

Guest Lily Bean

[quote]the aesthetic property of phi, [b]but you don't have to focus.[/b][/quote]
Argh sorry I just reread what I typed and I meant you have a concept but [b]NO focus[/b], not [b]to focus[/b]. Yes, you have to have a specific focus for your question, that is what you lack at the moment (regarding your original question)

• 2 weeks later...