IB course choices. [help please!]

anonymous1

Hi. I'm a sophomore who will be in the IB Diploma next year.

I need some help regarding course choices.

I'm very interested in a career in engineering--computer engineering, in particular.

Which of the following course choices seem strongest?

Do you think it will be too much work?

Is four HLs worth taking?

----

Choice 1:

English HL

Math HL

Physics HL

History HL

Bio SL

Japanese SL

----

Choice 2:

English HL

Math HL

Physics HL

History SL

Bio HL

Japanese SL

----

Choice 3:

English HL

Math HL

Physics HL

History SL

Bio SL

Japanese SL

----

thanks. (:

don't take bio .. for computer engineering ? try computer science if your school offers it or chemistry instead of Bio.

yeah-- I was planning on taking computer science and chemistry but sadly, my school doesn't offer any of those courses...

Hi! I would either take choice 1 or 3, also depending on how much you love history...but if your school offers ITGS or any non-IB computer or engineering classes (or you can take those at a local college or university), I'm sure those would be helpful to use your open slot for. :)

But then again, always consider how much of your time you have available, and want to spend on schoolwork. :)

Choice 1 or 3...Depends on how much you like History, or how good you are at memorisation (the skills needed for SL are exactly the same as those of HL, the latter is just more material). I'd definitely take both Math and Physics at HL for CompSci, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Your school doesn't offere Chem HL? 0_o

I would definitely pick the third option. There is really no point in cramming yourself with four HLs, especially considering that the major you want doesn't require it. And History HL is a bit of a pain if you ask me...