Math HL Sets, Relations and Groups P3

Connex106

How did everyone find it?

I think it was a ridiculously easy Paper for a Paper 3 (felt like a Math SL paper compared to the May/November 2012 papers!) Even the Number 5 proof question was straight-forward this time and the equivalence classes were solvable by trial and error as well!

I know for sure I got parts of the inverse function question wrong, as I copied the quadratic and wrote plus instead of minus once in the given formula and got wrong domains for the the quadratic inverse as a result... But should still get most marks for that question.

Personally expecting 50+ as relative grade boundaries for a 7 this year. Really hope it is much lower though!

Did anyone else get the following for question 1?

a) * is closed as 1+ab is always a natural number for a,b Natural numbers

b) * is commutative

c) * is not associative

d) * does not have an inverse element (as e=(a-1)/a, which does not exist for a=0 which is a Natural number)

Yea, I really think that it was too easy, actually got the same answer for the first question, but the last justification i wrote that for every natural number except 1 the identity element doesn't belong to N.

TO be honestly I expect 55+ but hope for 60 :D :D