Summary of Evidence: History IA

TrynityLynn

Hmmm..not exactly sure how to help you with this format, but maybe how I have done it in the past will help you. I write my summary of evidence in a paragraph format, creating my paragraphs using direct quotes with a citation of the author in MLA after the citation. I then will list my sources in Section F. I know it didn't exactly answer your question, but maybe it will help! Good luck!

IA = :hang:

Hey there, and welcome to the IB Survival forums!

In the summary of evidence, you should aim to list all the facts you've gathered (and which you use in the analysis). This can either be done chronologically or thematically (for instance: Stalin's policies, Hitler's suppression, Truman's actions, etc.), though I have not heard of anyone sorting it with regards to the actual source they've gathered the facts from. I think that is generally discouraged, as it wouldn't score well under criterion B. You could write this section either in bullet points or in running text. Here's how I would have done it if I chose to sort the information thematically, both as bullet points and as running text (note that everything is fictional):

As bullet points:

Important meetings

• On 15 January 1943, a meeting between [person A] and [person B] was recorded by [person A's secretary]'s diary.
  • In February 1943, [person A] met with [person C], and they discussed [topic Z].
  • On 27 February 1943, [person A] and [person C] planned thoroughly how they were going to execute plan Q.

Plan Q

• Plan Q was first planned as a simple assassination attempt, but was later expanded by [person A].
  • It was executed on 10 March 1943.
  • Plan Q led to 10 000 causalties.

As running text:

Important meetings

On 15 January 1943, a meeting between [person A] and [person B] was recorded by [person A's secretary]'s diary. In February 1943, [person A] met with [person C], and they discussed [topic Z]. On 27 February 1943, [person A] and [person C] planned thoroughly how they were going to execute plan Q.

Plan Q

Plan Q was first planned as a simple assassination attempt, but was later expanded. It was executed on 10 March 1943. Plan Q led to 10 000 causalties.

Note that for both methods, you should consistently refer to sources. All the statements must be linked to one source or another in order to prove that it is, indeed, a fact. You could use whatever citation system you prefer (whether it be in-text citation or the use of footnotes), but be consistent throughout the IA.

Good luck!