French Lang&Lit

Hi!

So I have my paper 1 on Friday afternoon and Paper 2 on the following Monday morning.

How are you guys revising because there are no past papers and I have done the specimen papers?

For paper 1, is it only going to be non fiction? And for paper 2, since I have a play and a novel, do I only have a choice from the general literature section?

Thanks a lot and good luck for any exams left!

Enora

Hey, I am doing French A language and literature too. Paper 1 can be both fiction and non fiction. If you are higher level it will be a comparative commentary on two texts (you can choose between two pairs of texts), if you are doing standard it will be a commentary on only one text (that you will choose between two texts). To revise you can see how you are going to structure your commentary. At least that is what I do, I have a fixed structure and use it no matter what text comes up.

Paper 2 also depends on whether you are higher level or not. If you are higher you have a choice of 6 questions, and have to answer one of them referring to the texts you have studied (at least 2). If you are standard you will get the same 6 questions and will have to choose one as well. However the criterion is different for standard and higher level.

Thats about it!

Thanks a lot!

I heard that Paper 2 was going to be focused on the understanding of a work in its social and historical context. So now im confused. .

And yeah I do SL, I find paper 1 okay because ive done all the previous A2 papers and some of the A1 older french papers so I'm thinking that I got the hang of doing plans.

I thought that Paper 1 was non literary texts?

Yes in paper 2 you get 6 questions but you can usually always answer them using social and historical context.

From what I know paper 1 can be any text type. (Im higher level so it might different for you). It could be an advertisement and a poem for example. It could even be an image (painting) and a literary text.

What type of paper 2 questions have you prepared yourself for?

And well ill just take it as any kind of texts for Paper 1.

My teachers had never taught French A since this year so we all had to develop ideas from nothing. Plus, im the only one in the class so, doesnt help..

Thank you so much for all these answers!

The typical questions I studied this year were similar to these :

- Que pensez-vous de l'assertion selon laquelle la signification d'un texte est fixe et n'évolue pas dans le temps?

- Comment nos pratiques culturelles influencent-elles le regard critique que nous portons sur les textes littéraires?

- Quelle est la validité de l'assertion selon laquelle la littérature est un mode d'expression pour les opprimés?

- Pourquoi un écrivain peut il être perçu comme un voyeur, c'est a dire comme un observateur qui dévoile une réalité cachée?

They can all be answered using :

1. Contexte de production de l'oeuvre (historique, économique et politique.)(Social et culturel)(Enjeux et institutions de l'èpoque).

2. Forme, genre et structure de l'oeuvre (Techniques narratives, présentation des personnages, style, structure, langue poétique)

3. Réception de l'oeuvre (multiples lectures éventuelle d'un texte, contexte d'accueil, opposition de valeurs).

This is all that I know, hope it helps and good luck!