Paper 2 - Lenin?

Pepe

Hi everone, Im sorry for creating a new topic for this question but I have only 2 days till my exams and I am really confused....

Can I use Lenin as an example of the single-party state leader in more general question in topic 3 (paper 2) or am I supposed to choose only from those mentioned in 'material for detailed study' (Hitler, Stalin etc) ?

Thanks a lot!

Yes you can. He was the leader of a single party state after all.

Of course he was ;) After a month of revising I am questioning everything, just to make sure I wont make any stupid mistake.

Thaaaaanks!

EDIT: Im still not sure, my colleagues are insisting that I should keep to the material for detailed study... so mind-fu***.

Edited by Pepe

Go for it! I mean, IB won't care less if you wrote about Stalin or Lenin, as long as you understood the question. Write about those you feel the most comfortable with, that's how you get the best grade possible.

From the syllabus: "Named questions will be confined to the material in major themes and detailed study. When answering open-ended questions students can use examples from the list and/or alternative examples." So Lenin would be an alternate example - you won't get a specific question about him but you use him for example if it says "Compare two leaders social policies..."

However keep in mind that out of the 5 questions on each topic there will be: "three questions on named people, themes, topics or events that are listed in the syllabus and two open-ended questions" And make sure you know a leaders from 2 regions! Our teacher really didn't emphasis that and it was a shock at the mocks how many questions required that.

As long as you know some others to you'll be fine - its great if you know Lenin. :) A general rule in IB History seems to be you can never know too much. It rarely says this or this wont score any marks. Just make sure you know enough of the required stuff :)