**URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE!** English Lit&Lang Paper2

Hello Everyone! frown.png

I'm really having a real problem with my Paper2. The books I'm studying are The Whale Rider and the Poems of Pablo Neruda, none of which appear in any study website frown.png.

The problem I'm having here is that I never know how to incorporate both the context and the stylistic devices to answer the prompt question. That is my weak point. I consulted my teacher. But she was of no use. She said it's 'skills' and would not advise me further on how to achieve this so-called 'skill' she's talking about. frown.png

I'm good at analysing literary features and all the devices the author use as well as their effects. However, I don't know how to use it to answer questions like "How can the two texts you have studied be considered timeless." More so, as I said, I don't know how to incorporate the literary devices with the context of the story to answer the question.

I think that the problem also lies with the texts my teacher chose as well T_T.

PLEASE HELP ME. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ANSWER THE PAPER 2 EXAM AND IT"S REALLY COMING CLOSE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!TT_TT

<p>Is there only one question in paper 2. Are there any different questions. Because I think that question is very difficult and it is not too precise I feel. And for paper, first write the introduction of the authors. You must use in what style I is it humor, serious, is the story in the first person form etc). You must first identify the common theme of both the books. Second you must give the plot of first book and then literary devices ( figures of speech, rising action, falling action, themes and settings ( these both must come before the plot) are all literary devices. Similarly write the same thing for the second book in next paragraph. Finally write the conclusion and evaluate and discuss the common thing of both the works.  </p>

Edited by akash jishnu

<p>Is there only one question in paper 2. Are there any different questions. Because I think that question is very difficult and it is not too precise I feel. And for paper, first write the introduction of the authors. You must use in what style I is it humor, serious, is the story in the first person form etc). You must first identify the common theme of both the books. Second you must give the plot of first book and then literary devices ( figures of speech, rising action, falling action, themes and settings ( these both must come before the plot) are all literary devices. Similarly write the same thing for the second book in next paragraph. Finally write the conclusion and evaluate and discuss the common thing of both the works.  </p>

All other questions also need the element of context to be incorporated, and this is my problem, I don't know how I can answer, incorporate context and literary device at the same time.

OTher questions are here:

1. Analyze how justice is represented and understood in at least two works studied.

2. Writers often use a character who is alienated from his or her culture or society in order to explore cultural or social values. Examine this idea with reference to at least two works studied.

3. What impact does setting have on your understanding of the central ideas or themes presented in at least two works studied?

4. Literature is often said to be timeless. To what extent is this true of at least two works you have studied?

5. It has been said that history “cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.” To what extent do at least two works studied “face” history in order to ensure that its wrongs “need not be lived again”?

6. Looking closely at at least two works studied, show that more than one interpretation could be made of those works.

Well I don't know the poems but I have read the summary of the whale rider. Looking at this book I can relate it to question 1 and question 2.

Question 1 Analyze how justice is represented and understood in at least two works studied.

Well as I have said I don't know the poem I will begin with whale rider. Here the protagonist of the story is Kai. According to customs followed by her family the eldest male member of her family is qualified for to become chief. But here her grandfather have some reservations because she is a female and hence even though she is eldest and talented she is not allowed to become a chief just because of her gender which is unfair. Her grandfather decides to find the suitable chief by training local boys by teaching how to sing and to fight. You can stress on the point that her grand father did not bothered to teacher which is a bit unjustified. During the course of time she had to face many in just ices but in the end her grand father makes her chief.

So my analysis would be even though the protagonist faced lot of injustices in the form of gender discrimination in the end the protagonist gets the proper justice because the villagers finally realized their folly. If you add the literary devices and introduction of the author ( as I have just read the summary I have not read the full book.) You can give the examples of the injustice by giving various incidents faced by the protagonist).

Question 2 Writers often use a character who is alienated from his or her culture or society in order to explore cultural or social values. Examine this idea with reference toat least two works studied.

You know clearly Kai aspired to become chief and so she was kind of alienated in the society. Just expand it. Give some examples. Also mention the customs that Kai is defying. Describe how it is to be alienated just because one is not following the customs. You will surely get it.

I hope that I have helped you and all the best . :)