Diagrams and paper 1 (and paper 2)

Hi!

This question can be rather silly but it bugs me so I just have to ask.

In paper 1 and also in paper 2, should you draw and illustrate your diagrams IN the answer sheets/answer booklet, or should all the diagrams be located in their own, separate graph papers?

In examinations I have always drawn the diagrams in the answer sheets, but now I'm not sure if it is still okay when the new answer booklets are used in May examinations.

I tried to ask our teacher but he didn't have a clue....

Thank you already for your possible help!

I don't believe there are any guidelines on this from the IBO, but I think they should be in the body of the essay (so on the answer sheets with the text you have written). What you are trying to do for the exams is to make it is as easy as you can for the examiner. If the diagrams are in the body of the essay, it is easier for the examiner to see what you are making references to at a glance when marking your papers. For example, if you are in one paragraph referring to, let's say, diagram 2 it is easier for the examiner to get the reference if the diagram is on the same page.

New answer booklets? What are these and what is different?