Improvement - Urgent help needed :'(

Brenda Wijaya

Okay so I'm pretty stuck on what improvement I can give for this weakness :

The experiment using reagents such as Biuret, Benedict, Iodine, Ethanol can only determine what type of macronutrients is but not the amount and concentration of how much its presence in the food sample is. Thus, this hinders the researcher’s ability to determine whether a food sample contains a desirable amount of nutrients or not.

ANY IMPROVEMENT PLEASE? :'(

I've tried to find the answer on the net, saw a recommendation on protein testing about protein assay standard curve but what about the other nutrients such as fats, sugars, and starch? Is there any specific one lab tool (be it electronic,etc) that can show the amount the nutrient in food contains?

Thanks in advance!

:)

I think one way is to test on many many different food samples that are close in nutrients characteristics repeatedly and observe the colors?

and make sure the food samples are same mass n stuff. :shifty:

So a bigger color change would indicate larger amount of nutrients.

And by testing a lot of them, u can see a very relative trend.

t hats an easier way, and not that accurate. :eek:

U want a specific tool that would show the amount, so far, i did not see a handy dandy tool like this :)

Even in professional nutrients labs, i don think u can just plug a piece of onion into a machine n tell you how much sugar s in it..

AS FAR AS I KNOW . :dontgetit:

• Like 1

I think one way is to test on many many different food samples that are close in nutrients characteristics repeatedly and observe the colors?

and make sure the food samples are same mass n stuff. :shifty:

So a bigger color change would indicate larger amount of nutrients.

And by testing a lot of them, u can see a very relative trend.

thats an easier way, and not that accurate. :eek:

U want a specific tool that would show the amount, so far, i did not see a handy dandy tool like this :)

Even in professional nutrients labs, i don think u can just plug a piece of onion into a machine n tell you how much sugar s in it..

AS FAR AS I KNOW . :dontgetit:

Haha plug a piece of onion into a machine! :rofl:

Thanks for your answer though :)