IB MYP "written response"?

frusciante

Hi ib-ers (is that what you call yourselves?)

I'm trying out for the IB program in grade 7 at the W G Davis P.S in Ontario and I had a few questions.

1. The IB information presentation says that you have to complete a "Written Response" at the school, so is the "Written Response" supposed to be about yourself or another topic.

2.What can I do to prepare for the entrance exam?

Thank you to anyone who can help :)

1.No there is 3 topics and you have to choose one and write about it

2.to prepare for your exams you should buy a book

Since i live in quebec i bought this french book which is only to prepare for entrance admission exams, you have probably the same in english check at "chapters store

Edited by Sandwich
Type words in full please, do not use textspeak, as per forum rules. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I guess that you already took the exams and, hopefully, passed. However, I am going to answer your question in order to help the next pre-IB generation if bothered with the same question.

I am not sure about other schools, but my school always gives either a thesis or a question on which the candidate must write a short argumentative essay. The question/thesis can basically be about anything. Nonetheless, it is always a topic that everyone is familiar enough with to form an opinion.

Sometimes, creative writing is offered as an option, but there is always an alternative since one cannot expect of all candidates to be imaginative enough to make up a story of their own.

P.S. The composition, at least in my school, is expected to be around 200 words long.

Edited by OldFashioned