How do Physics Internal Assessments work?

Mc837

Hello everyone,

My physics teacher isn't exactly the most organized or helpful person in the world. While we have done several experiments, we never actually handed in an IA as I have done for other subjects. Turns out that we have to now rush all the IAs in the last 3 months before the final exam (yes, we're in the 2nd year). I (and my class) have tried asking him how and what to do, but to no avail.

So my question is: how do physics internal assessments work? I know there are 3 parts being design, data collection and conclusion. What I don't understand is the number of IAs I have to write. Should there be 2 IAs for each of the 3 aforementioned categories? Or just 3 complete IAs (with all categories) to send in? What else should I know that I probably will never hear from my teacher in time? Also, is there a difference between SL and HL from the IA point of view (quantity, quality, etc.)?

We're all pretty panicky at this stage as you could imagine. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

MC

(and here's a watermelon: :watermelon:)

Hello everyone,

My physics teacher isn't exactly the most organized or helpful person in the world. While we have done several experiments, we never actually handed in an IA as I have done for other subjects. Turns out that we have to now rush all the IAs in the last 3 months before the final exam (yes, we're in the 2nd year). I (and my class) have tried asking him how and what to do, but to no avail.

So my question is: how do physics internal assessments work? I know there are 3 parts being design, data collection and conclusion. What I don't understand is the number of IAs I have to write. Should there be 2 IAs for each of the 3 aforementioned categories? Or just 3 complete IAs (with all categories) to send in? What else should I know that I probably will never hear from my teacher in time? Also, is there a difference between SL and HL from the IA point of view (quantity, quality, etc.)?

We're all pretty panicky at this stage as you could imagine. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

MC

(and here's a watermelon: :watermelon:)

Seems like my teacher is very much like yours although my teacher has bad luck, he breaks his bones every weekend or so.

Anyways, do you have an IB physics textbook? It should list out how you should format your design, DCP, CE etc...so that you just plug in info into that format and boom...really easy.

This is probably worth reading in case you don't have an IA guide at the back of your IB textbook

2 designs,

2 data collection

2 Conclusion&Evaluation&Improvement

and when you do for example a design, you dont need to do the rest of investigation. :) SL and HL have the same rules connected with IA

i wanted to send you back sth as cool as a watermelon but i havent found one :(

Oh ok that makes more sense now, thanks!