I was wondering if someone could post an example of a paper you wrote that got a 7, our teacher has not provided us with things to compare our essays to or, really anything to go by....anything would help, thanks!!

Past paper isn't allowed to be shared as i was told.

Edited by shad0wboss

What kind of paper are you thinking of? Since you are posting in the Language A: Language and Literature-forum I am assuming that is the subject you are wondering of. In English Lang & Lit there are two different exam papers:

1. Paper 1 - a multimodal and literary analysis paper; comparing to multimodal pieces
  2. Paper 2 - writing an essay on a question set by the IBO to compare two books that you have read in the last part of the ELL course

You seem surprised that your teacher hasn't given you and your class anything to compare it with. Maybe it is intentional so that you'll write the essay answering the questions that you have gotten and then you'll get feedback on that. She'll tell you how to improve and what was good and what was not good in the essays. My best tip would be to just write the paper and wait for the feedback. Just have a go at it and you'll learn by your mistakes as they say.

Good luck!

@shad0wboss: she is not looking for a past paper from the IBO, but rather a done written essay that got a seven.

Edited by dniviE

You can check out the Files section to find some past English HL essays, although they will be for the Literature course and not this new Language with a smidgeon of Lit course. The first exams for the new subject (Language & Literature) aren't going to be sat until this coming May, so if anybody has a '7' worthy version of an essay then they'll A) have had it marked by a teacher only, B) be unsure that it's 7-worthy until the IBO has ratified the marking of teachers for the new subject and C) probably be submitting it if it's an IA, so shouldn't upload it on here until they've received their Diploma.

Paper 2 sounds similar to the old Paper 2 for the pure Literature course, so any Paper 2 (or indeed WL1 essays really) in the Files database ought to be of use with Paper 2. Paper 1 used to be literary analysis; I don't know whether it is still. There're no past examples of 'multimodal' pieces. Anyway, you can download these from the Files section if you are a VIP subscriber or VIP member to give you a guide of quality. Otherwise, ask your teacher for some examples?

• Like 1