Economics research proposal help!

I have to write a research proposal for economics and i don't know what to write about... it's about elasticity, and i was thinking of writing about elasticity for luxury goods and how the demand is rising/decreasing according to price/supply, and how this applies to income elasticity of demand, or something like that. but i'm not sure.... can anyone please help? the assignment is to "create a clear and focused research question of your choice related to the topics of Price Elasticity of Demand, Price elasticity of supply, Cross-price elasticity of demand or income elasticity of demand."

Edited by sofii96

I have to write an investigative essay for economics and i don't know what to write about... it's about elasticity, and i was thinking of writing about elasticity for luxury goods and how the demand is rising/decreasing according to price/supply, and how this applies to income elasticity of demand, or something like that. but i'm not sure.... can anyone please help?

investigative essay as if commentary? If you have to investigate then i would say that you take different real life examples (news articles) and try to investigate what would happen to supply/demand for luxury goods mentioned in the article, more or less like a commentary, not sure if you really mean a commentary.

It's not that hard:

1. Pick a news article (in your case it'll be elasticity of demand and/or supply) - Note that article shouldn't be long (about 4-5 small paragraphs) so that you don't have analysis and evaluative part in it but just the news so that you can analyse/evaluate it yourself.

2. Highlight key points in it and try to come up with two diagrams at least so that you can analyse the article through them.

3. Start out your commentary with defining the key terms and summarizing the article in 2-3 lines.

4. Draw diagrams then analyse each aspect of the article e.g Draw the diagram for elasticity of demand for product A then analyse it and do the same for other product...

5. Evalute

Also this is a detailed guide on how to write a commentary

Do let me know if i misunderstood your question. Try to be more specific when you say investigative essay because i believe your teacher would've told you something before making you do it.