Subject choices

Doris

Hey guys!

First of all I just have to say that I really appreciate this page cause it gives me a lot of hel.

But I was actually thinking about the subject choice. I'm just worried that I will choose subjects that are far to hard for me. Of course I want the subjects to be interesting, but I also want to get good grades. Like everybody else of course :shifty:

This is what I have been thinking about:

HL:

Swedish

English

History

SL:

Math

French

Biology

I am as you see really interested in languages. Esppecially literature :clap: So I'm thinking of studying Literature or Literature language or Language Culture in the University (preferably Oxford even though I know it will be quite HARD :dontgetit: ).

But I would also like to study Economics in University or perhaps another sort of Social studies.

Therefore, it's quite hard for you to give any advices. But do you think my choices are good? Or are they too hard. Should I maybe read Economics as well if I'm allowed to? Instead of one of the languages maybe? :eek: I would like to have economics instead of French but my mother forces me to choose it.

Sorry for this weird text, but I do really hope that you could give me any sort of aadvice. :clap:

Hey there!

If you don't want any subjects that's 'hard,' you could drop out of school and pursue your interests. On a serious note, though, all subject in IB are hard in their own way, it really depends on what you yourself are doing well at. If you really like literature, I see no reason why languages should be hard for you. One could argue that sciences are harder than social and linguistic subjects, but it really depends on what your interests are and how well you are doing in the subjects in general.

From my perspective, though, your subject choices seem just fine. I too prefer languages and social subjects over hard sciences, and I don't find them too hard. Just be prepared to read a lot and sharpen your analytical skills.

Also, check if the universities you want to apply to require certain subjects. For instance, as AWB pointed out, some economics courses do demand Mathematics HL.

• Like 2