FOA

• 2 weeks later...

You'll have to do both these yourself. These are basic steps. Just a few reminders though

An FOA is a demonstration of your understanding of Parts 1 and 2of the course. Your teacher helps you decide on the type of oral performance you give. It can be a traditional presentation, a debate with another of your classmates etc. There should be a clear connection between the oral activity and what you have studied in the course. After the FOA you will be asked to write a "reflective statement."

Look at the criteria for the FOA. This will give you a clear idea what the aims of this acitivity are and how they should appear. The criteria are always a good guide.

Hope this helps ! Good Luck!

Edited by Blackcurrant

You should find a text/type of text that you can find that is similar to your course, e.g. Language and Mass Communication or Language and Gender. For my FOA, I did Language and Gender and found an example of how Language is used in a typical Gender stereotype, and to show my understanding, I used what I had learned I instead use the same type of text and created another piece aimed at the other gender.

Also remember that it is an FOA, so structure it as a presentation and be able to explain yourself verbally.

If you need any tips, here's a post you should look at: http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/18125-further-oral-activity-tips/