Eco: Tax of 2009, Exams 2013, event not older than 3 y.

Hey, so in our new guide (first exams in 2013), and I believe in the older ones too, under the Economics section it is written "Essays should not be historical. They should be related to economic information that is no more than three years old.". My exam will be in May 2013 and deadline for complete essay is 18th Jan 2013. I'm writing about an effect of an increase in VAT and excise tax. Excise tax was increased 1st Jan 2009 and VAT was increased 1st Sep 2009.

So my question is "Is my topic too old or is it still okay?"

Is there anyone in IBO I could write and inquire about this issue? My teacher seems to think its fine or just simply didn't think about the time issue.

Edited by MariusIBDP

try to visit ibo.org and email them about your question.

I guess I'll do that, I don't see any other way :D

If you mean the IA (the commentary) then it can't be older than a year from when you start writing the commentary. Like if you find an article from 15 september 2011 and start writing today, that will be fine, but no more than a day. Hope it helped. :)

I just saw that I never actually mentioned it was an Extended Essay on Economics :D Sorry for that. Well, thanks for trying to help anyway :)

Edited by MariusIBDP