Business & Management Internal Assessment help :)

Okay, so for my internal assessment I'm going to be investigating whether my father's company needs to change their organizational structure... any advice on what I should include for this essay? And how can I actually start the essay with a good theoretical framework?

Tips for writing a good B&M internal?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

You first need to talk about the current organisational structure that the company is using including whether it is flat and tall, the communication, the leadership style (you can talk about different theories behind leaderships) and other parts of the organisational structure part of the syllabus you can find which you would consider to be relevant to your question. You can interview your father and ask him what kind of leadership style he thinks he uses and then compare this to what the workers think.

You then need to evaluate the weaknesses of this structure (possibly SWOT analysis) and analyse what needs to be improved since this will help the coherence of your structure (go from explaining the current structure, evaluating it, and finally giving a solution). You can look at the motivation of workers (use primary research) you can then apply different motivational theories for this, for example, Mc Gregor's Theory Y and X workers (you can get this information by giving questionnaires to workers or interviewing them). This section of your essay will need to include a lot of primary research since the HL IA focuses on this a lot so make sure you rely on the primary research more than you do on the secondary data.

Finally, make a recommendation but make sure you stick to the information you got from your research instead of going into different directions since this will help the structure of your essay and make sure you get full marks for that part of the criteria.

• Like 1