Help with exam prep

kristina

I am getting ready to take my exams this year, and I was wondering what study materials you prefer, I am lost, and I see quite a bit of options. If you have prep books that you liked and used would you let me know, and post a link of where to find them. That would be amazing, Thanks.

That's a pretty doable combination of courses. I don't know about Psychology, but I'm sure you won't be needing any supplementary materials for chemistry, and math studies. I'm not sure of Spanish however, but we were provided sufficient materials in class for my French B class.

I guess it really all depends how confident you are feeling about your courses. If you think you are struggling with your writing, maybe take a look at the English Course Companion? And I hear the Biology Study Guides save your life, or something. I didn't take biology though, just saying. Just take a look at the material if you can get your hands on it, and bite if you like it.

The only subject I really can give advice on is English, and my advice is: Sparknotes. (Google it if you haven't found out about it before) It might first seem like some kind of cheating and your teacher might say that you shouldn't use it but I don't see a reason not to. Of course you still have to carefully read and analyze the literary works but at least to me Sparknotes proved to be extremely helpful in finding those easy-to-miss symbols etc. that the markers expect you to discuss in your essays. Just keep in mind the obvious fact that the interpretation that is on Sparknotes is not the only possible one and you're good to go!

• Like 1

I'll give what advice I can on some of your subjects

Biology: Get the syllabus and go through every single objective and make sure you have notes on them. Then just revise these notes over and over and make sure you do a lot of practice questions to make sure you can remember what you need.

Chemistry: Also make sure that you get the syllabus and that you understand every objective in it. I found that my teacher skipped over a few things or never went through the material thoroughly enough so it wasn't until I did this that I actually truly understood the whole course. And then do practice question after practice question because its the best way to make concepts stick. With both biology and chemistry, it doesn't really matter what materials you use, as long as it allows you to understand every objective.

English: You might have not read all the texts you will use on your final exam yet but for elvish you really just need to know these texts inside out so that you don't get into the exam and realise you have no examples to price your points. Also practice sue paper 1s and get your teacher to look at them to figure out where you can improve.

Spanish and maths: just practice practice practice. There are a heap of stuff online that your can find or just ask your teacher.