Historical Investigation topic help?

Ashantia Collins

For my topic I was thinking about doing- to what extent were propaganda and repression used in the united states during world war 1 and was it necessary? Or to what extent did the letter from Birmingham jail impact the african American and The clergymen who did not approve of him?

Are any of these credible enough? I know that sources might be an issue but I'm willing to deal with that if I know I have a decent topic

Thank you in advance! My school hasn't really prepared us for this haha. This forum has been a huge help!

Topic 1 - I don't think this would make for a really good historical investigation because in any war (unless it's a really short/very limited war) there is always propaganda and repression, and WW1 was so large and long-lasting that of course propaganda was used and repression occurred. So it's kind of obvious there. If you wanted to do the "was it necessary" part you would have to focus on one area of propaganda because the amount of words you have in the historical investigation to actually present information about your topic is REALLY short. And what was it necessary for? You need to decide that part too.

Topic 2 - I don't even know what this is. The African American and clergymen didn't approve of who? A letter? Is that a person? I'm also afraid you'll have problems finding sources with this question unless it's a lot more known than I'm aware of.

I think your best bet is to take your first topic and rework it a bit, if you didn't want to have to think of another topic.