Should I choose European history or Social cultural anthropology?

Trop de souvenirs

Hello, guys. I'm about to be a junior to take the IB diploma. Now I realize that I have so much hesitations toward choosing my classes. For the group 3, my school only offers European History and Social Cultural Anthropology FOR FREE. (I don't want to pay 1500 bucks in order to take Economy, B&M, or psychology online).

I'm from China and I was an exchange student in VA last school year. My IB school will be in IN next school year. I want to major in science. I tried World History 2 last semester in a public school. I found that I didn't hate it, nevertheless the history class in a public school is somehow superficial, as I believe. I also seem to be interested in geography. I want to learn economy because it is useful, although I've never touched it before. I'm not sure if I will like any of the humanity courses.

I heard that history class is much more intense than economy. I don't want to spend all of my time on English A SL and History SL. I don't know if Cultural Anthropology is that intense, too.

Can anyone tell me what anthropology talks about, and/or give me a prediction about if I will like it? Can anyone describe how intense European History will be?

Thank you very much.

• 1 month later...

No. No one can predict whether or not you'll like anthropology :P Also, History will be a lot of reading and research. Take it if you have an interest in finding out a lot of details about a few particular topics, writing essays about them with deep analysis as well as analyzing sources for their value and limitations. It won't be "superficial".