Biology HL Paper 1 and 2 TZ1

apple.toronto

Hey Guys,

Hope you liked the paper 1 and 2. Pretty straightforward then last year and now drawings (which was amazing for a person like me who fails at art. :/). Anyways, not sure if ANYONE will actually remember but for that motor neuron question in paper 1, what was the right answer?

For fellow frenchies, good luck studying and for those who are done, congrats. :D

Are you asking about the transmission of a nerve impulse, it was Q39 I think and the answer I chose was that Calcium ions cause the opening up of myosin binding sites on the actin, which I think was C.

Are you asking about the transmission of a nerve impulse, it was Q39 I think and the answer I chose was that Calcium ions cause the opening up of myosin binding sites on the actin, which I think was C.

Nah

It was about what is true characteristic about the axon of a motor neuron :)

Oh, it's that during a resting potential, the inside of the axon is more negatively charged than the outside. Thus, the inside is negative and the outside is positively charged. Oh, did you get the one about the tree and the guy putting a birdhouse on it or something? Did you say that the birdhouse didn't move because the apical meristem only grows upwards?

Oh, it's that during a resting potential, the inside of the axon is more negatively charged than the outside. Thus, the inside is negative and the outside is positively charged. Oh, did you get the one about the tree and the guy putting a birdhouse on it or something? Did you say that the birdhouse didn't move because the apical meristem only grows upwards?

Damn, stupidly messed that one up. But yeah I put the exact same answer for the tree :) Think it was option A in the multiple choice thingie.

Edited by apple.toronto

• 3 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, it was asking about how flowering is controlled differently between long day vs short day plants. The answer had to do with the difference in Pfr and Pr, in that in short day plants enough Pfr is converted back into Pr and that causes flowering, but conversely in long day plants enough Pfr remains after night which then causes flowering in long day plants.