New course outline?

lois-lyhz

I heard from my friend and saw on the wikipedia website that IB changed the course outline for 2011 or later?

I don't know if it is true or not, because I don't see anything official on the IBO site. But I'm super worried because I don't know if my teacher is actually teaching things that I need to know for my exams next year.

I'm using the Pearson textbook published in 2007 (which seems kind of old to me) and I'm doing a lot of lab hours. My other friend in a more experienced IB school seems to be doing a lot less labs, so I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows about this?

Thanks!!

Your book will be fine. When the user above says "for 2009" they mean EXAMS 2009. Students started studying the new syllabus in 2007 (and 2007 dated textbooks are for the latest syllabus), in preparation to be examined in '09.

It's actually a waste of time to do more than the minimum number of lab hours (unless you get some special thrill out of it...) so that's probably why a more experienced school is doing less labs and focussing more on understanding the material and achieving your grades.

• Like 1