problems regarding assessed laboratories

thatoneguy

Hallo, I have a really huge problem conserning my assessed laboratories in IB Biology. Please do not think I am exaggerate read the post first and judge later.

My teacher in Biology cannot grade labs, at all. He does not know the criteria and does not bother learning them. As he is the only IB biology teacher with a license in the region he cannot be fired. He grades everyones labs waaay too high or is extremly affected by the personal relationship with him (if he does not like you, you WILL get a lower grade). Now so that you do not think I exaggerate I can tell you that the last year students were all lowered by 20 points which is the margin of 40% possible points to acheve. Therefore people who acheved 7 in his labs ended up with a 4 (my bf got 44 from him and 24 after correction).

This is repeated year after year (please dont say complain to director as almost every year a petition is filed, and it has failed every time).

As one does not know if ones labs are actually getting corrected (atm I am begging that mine are sent in) IF they are not and someone who got a high grade and did not deserve it are sent in my grades will be lowered.

Now besides whining threw the whole post, I wanted to ask (as it is not mentioned in the syllabus), is there a possibility to ensure that my assessed labs are sent in? Even if I have to pay additionally I do not mind as I will be at least sure I have been treated fairly. I know my labs are good (as I have all sciences and get quite high marks from teachers who actually know what they are doing), nevertheless if they are not sent in it will severly damage my grade making it almost impossible to achieve 7.

Sorry for the grammar mistakes!

Edited by thatoneguy

I don't think you can. must ask your IB coordinator. but even so, I don't think the process will be that simple. let's say you have to call them. I bet they'll have a stack of papers to mark and finding yours wouldn't be a walk in the park. even if they've found it, would they really tell you that they have your paper? I doubt so.

I'm sure it'll be so much easier for you to ask your teacher, your IB coordinator and the ppl of your school who is in charge of sending off IB documents. ask them if they're sending your papers.

good luck~