Biology HL Test

Guest Humaira

Guest Humaira

so i have been studying for two weeks for my bio test which is worth 20% of my mark this year and i can't seem to remember anything i studied when i do pass exams or if i do remember anything its not enough to get full marks. any tips on how to remember info? i have 2-3 days left now before the test.

Try to make mnemonics of some sort for the things you need to remember

IPMAT - Interphase, prophase, metaphase, anaphase, telophase

Katy Perry Claims Orgasms Feel Good Sometimes - Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species.

I also recommend making flashcards for everything, which you then go through until you get everything right every time. For cell biology you can print a pile of pictures of simple cells, on which you mark out all the organelles you need to know.

Edited by Sammie Backman
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I agree with Sammie, it's easy to memorize things when you put them into mnemonics;

IPMAT: Interphase, prophase, anaphase, metaphase, telophase.

King Philip came over for some good soup: Kingdom, phylum, Class, Order, Genus, Species.

CHON: Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen - the 4 most abundant gases in our atmosphere

Im in HL Biology, i have a photographic memory, so it also helps a lot in memorizing figures. i advise you to draw the figure 10 times exactly in 10mins, taking one minute to complete each draft. this will definitely help you memorize.

Goodluck :blowkiss: