History EE - Astrology

mangolove

You could try to focus it in Psychology, something involving the sociocultural influence of astrology in China during a determined period of time. I'm not sure though because I didn't take psych, but if you want to make your EE on the astrology-China subject here is an option.

5 Cardinal rules of the EE (assuming your intention is to do well)

1. NEVER start an EE without first reading the EE Guide (you can download this from the Files section)

2. ALWAYS start an EE by deciding on your subject area (e.g. History, English, Biology etc.) FIRST

3. NEVER start an EE by deciding on your topic first and then trying to fit it into a subject area - THIS WILL NOT WORK

4. If you are doing a science-based EE, ALWAYS do your own experiment, research EEs will not do well

5. If you do not take the subject you want to do your EE in ALWAYS exercise extreme caution. You are extremely likely not to understand what is required. Especially IB Philosophy and IB Psychology, these are not the same as the colloquial ideas of Philosophy and Psychology.

Having followed these cardinal rules, you are unlikely to make any massive essay-destroying errors.

You could try to focus it in Psychology, something involving the sociocultural influence of astrology in China during a determined period of time. I'm not sure though because I didn't take psych, but if you want to make your EE on the astrology-China subject here is an option.

I would be EXTREMELY careful trying to write an EE in Psychology, really. As my teacher says, even she's not quite sure what the guide wants in the Psych essay and advised us, HL Psychology students, STRONGLY against doing our EEs in Psych. So if someone doesn't take Psychology, I wouldn't take the risk of experimenting with their own EE so much, to be honest. :P

• 12 years later...
On 12/28/2011 at 11:28 PM, mangolove said:

I'm thinking about history. Will this work?

How does astrology, and the dark side of Pisces moon, in particular, play a part in Chinese culture as opposed to foreign influences?

Although, I'm afraid that I won't have enough evidence to support my argument.

I also do not believe in astrology, but there must be something to it..