University Application Sweden

zuckerpuppe

Hi,

I want to apply to swedish universities next year (beginning in autum 2012).

Well, as I will take the final exams in may 2012 I won't get my grades before July 6th, but I heard that you have to send in your final grades by June 2012 if you would like to start your studies in september.

Is this ture? If yes, does this mean that I cannot apply to Swedish universities for Höstterminen 2012 or do the universities accept predicted grades?

I am really confused right now.

I applied to Swedish universities this year and I took my exams in May. I don't know about European/international students but our school simply sent the grades, or maybe even the IBO did that... hrm? when we got them in July and it worked out fine. I got accepted just as everyone else in the middle of July (even though I chose to end up in Scotland in the end...). I think your best shot would be to talk to your IB coordinator and possibly email 'Högskoleverket' :)

• 2 weeks later...

What are the average requirements for engineering? Preferably chemical engineering?

For undergrad: You need to speak Swedish, and you need Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics to at least SL. Sometimes Biology is required too. The grade requirements range from 24-39 or so. Varies between different universities, and different programs. On average, I'd say 34-35. For some reason, chemical engineering is not very popular in Sweden. The grade requirements are often as low as 30 points.

Jag vet inte :/ Out of curiosity, does Karolinska Institut offer any undegraduate programs in English?

All the undergraduate programs are taught in Swedish. Undergraduate programs in Sweden are generally in Swedish, while many postgraduate programs are in English.

Edited by Sammie Backman
  • Like 1