English A1HL p2

jaja

I was hoping for a General Question on society...

None of the questions were really ideal for my texts, but I did the second Drama question. The way the it was worded really confused me.

Something like: 'A play is about one thing, and that thing is what the hero aims for.' With reference to at least two texts, explain whether this is a valid analysis of the actions of the protagonist.

Not my best essay... I wrote about the pursuit of individualism, and the confinements faced by the protagonists.

It was the worst Paper 2 I have ever, ever done.

English Paper 2 was just torture for me. I did Drama - my two texts were The Freedom of the City and Amadeus and none of the topics suited either at all. Not even the general ones, and that never even happens! In the exam room during reading time we were all staring hopelessly at each other... just our luck :\ We all chose the same, least difficult, topic - "A play is about one thing, and that is what the hero wants. To what extent do you agree with this statement... something something protagonists?"

Nup. Just bombed it and wrote whatever the heck I could. Paper 2 is going to bring down my overall grade so much lol.

I was hoping for a General Question on society...

None of the questions were really ideal for my texts, but I did the second Drama question. The way the it was worded really confused me.

Something like: 'A play is about one thing, and that thing is what the hero aims for.' With reference to at least two texts, explain whether this is a valid analysis of the actions of the protagonist.

Not my best essay... I wrote about the pursuit of individualism, and the confinements faced by the protagonists.

I did that one! I qualified the topic, explaining that what the protagonists aim for is not the only thing that the plays are about, as they are about why they aim for it, how they may achieve it (Freedom) and what effect their motivations have on others (Amadeus). It was seriously so bad haha...

Edited by Schrödinger's Cat

I did one of the Prose: Novel and Short Story questions. It wasn't TERRIBLE I guess. I've always sucked at paper 2's though, so we'll see :S. When I first got into the exam, I looked at my genre questions, and then the general questions, and almost cried because nothing at all jumped out at me :( But then I kinda got into it and something just *clicked* :)

I went for the one about storytelling elements for prose: novel & the short story. I think it was number 5. I found it okay but I'm not sure how convincing my arguments were. In our mock exams I thought I'd written an awesome essay but I got a lower mark than I expected, so my confidence wasn't the best heading into the exam. I guess we'll see in January!

The poetry questions were all pretty nasty - there was one just based on the use of punctuation. who the hell remembers all the punctuation in their poems to write and entire essay on it!? haha I did general question 10 - something about interdependent relationships. it was alright, hopefully a 6, definitely not worthy of a 7!