What chart do I make if.....

KuroBara

• 2 months later...

I also have a question about graphing for the IA, supposedly every graph has to help prove my hypothesis. So would having a bar graph and then a trend graph be wrong? Should I only leave the trend graph?

In regards to geography, yes you should only be using material that is completely relevant to your hypothesis. You should choose the type of graph that is the one that will present your data the best and the clearest. Bear in mind also that one of the criterion for the IA is something in regards to a range of presentations etc. This implies that you should use a variety of methods to present your data. So if you can use a bar graph somewhere, and a trend graph somewhere else, then that would probably be the best. I remember (it was so long ago now) that I used bar graphs, scatter graphs as well as a pie graphs (mine was on coasts so a lot of data to present).

When you are going through your IA, ask if your graph/image is aiding your argument, is it presenting an anomaly? Is it saying the same thing as another you already have? Is it just a waste of space?

Just make sure it's nice and clear :) They won't like it is you are showing the exact same data in different ways UNLESS it highlights different aspects which aid your argument, because that's what graphs/images are supposed to do in your IA, aid your argument.

Hope that helps :)