#1 Knowledge is generated through the interaction of critical and creative thinking. Evaluate this statement in two areas of knowledge.

feba

In the prescribed title #1 Knowledge is generated through the interaction of critical and creative thinking. Evaluate this statement in two areas of knowledge:

I am stating that critical thinking depends primarily on logical processes, while creative thinking puts greater emphasis on multiple results that can be possible, without considering the process of thought with much detail. Is that right or should I give it some more thought?

Also, what areas could I use, I've thought real hard and can't find areas where to use examples.

actually no, that thread isn't helpful at all. I've tried asking questions but noone really helped, so.....

@OP your definition of critical thinking is similar to mine but I think you should think again about creative thinking.

you can use any AOK, really. just pick one and think about how you can generate knowledge in that area.

Okay, sorry then. I'll help lol

Uhm yeah, I agree with Desy on the creative part.

The best subject to use critical thinking is probably History whereas for creative thinking, anything suits really... Literature, Sciences, Arts. However, I'd suggest Arts or Literature as you'll have more interaction with creative thinking. Putting aside Arts because it's really difficult, choose Literature where you'll have many more examples and biography to back your essay ;)

I think everyone is choosing lit. I do too.

question: can I refute the title? but how? should I say that the interaction of critical and creative thinking do NOT generate knowledge; or should I say that knowledge can be generated without having to think critically or creatively?

You can say whatever you want lol but to state what you want to say is basically suicide... because it's quite obvious that knowledge is generated through critical and creative thinking even though sometimes, one part may be more relevant than another in gaining knowledge in a determined area of knowledge or subject.

You cannot refute that it's through reason that one generates knowledge nor that it is associated with emotions and perceptiveness.

• Like 1

I think everyone is choosing lit. I do too.

question: can I refute the title? but how? should I say that the interaction of critical and creative thinking do NOT generate knowledge; or should I say that knowledge can be generated without having to think critically or creatively?

I don't know if you could refute the title. I mean, obviously you can, and one of the aims of ToK is to question whether something is true by analising it, not just assuming it is true. Still, what I would question (and as a matter of fact I am including in my essay) is whether knowledge can be generated or rather, through this interaction, we can come across knowledge or understand it or perceive it (still working on that one). But you cant get the idea. Perhaps you CAN say that knowledge is not generated if you develop a good argument, but I would go with the perception/generation of knowledge part. It is easier and (to me) more interesting. ;)

• 2 weeks later...