starting IB and nervous

icandothis

Hey guys,

I'm starting the IB in a week and I'm really nervous so some advice would be great :D

these are the subject that I have chosen:

HL-economics

HL-english language and literature (its a new course)

HL-biology

SL-maths

SL-french

SL-chem

the reason that I have chosen these subjects is because I really don't know what I want

to do in the future, I'm interested in science but I do not want to do medicine and I

am also interested in journalism but I don't know if I will do that in the future

I'm really nervous because in 10th grade I really let myself down towards the end of

the year I couldn't concentrate on my work and for my final grades I got mostly 4s

and 5s.. However this year I am determined to get good grades and really put a lot of

effort in my work but if anyone has some good advice for the IB I would be really happy

to hear it

oh and also what kind of IB grades are needed to enter a really good university, all 7s or

all 6's? the thing is I don't have a lot of self-confidence since i really let myself down but

I'm trying to build that again and I also constantly hear a lot of negative comments towards

the IB about how its too hard and pointless so that kind of kills my motivation

soo yeaah I could use some good advice

thanks anyways :D

Oh don't be nervous :) IB isn't THAT scary :)

One of the main things I've learnt from IB is to have good time management. Please please please manage your time better than I have. Having time for your assignments (there'll be plenty of them!) and also finding time to unwind between school is really important. 4's and 5's aren't bad, and you still have 2 whole years to improve, so don't worry too much :). You seem to have a wide array of subjects which will definitely help in choosing what area you like best. A tip with HL Bio; build up your memory, because you really just need to remember everything to do well in that science. And know how to draw everything, because those are the easiest marks you will get :). But other than that, you just need to calm down, remember you still have time, and take everything as it comes. IB is just a game, and you need to play it to win. Good luck ^_^

EDIT: As for the unis, I'm not sure at all, sorry :/. It depends on which uni, where, what course, etc.

Edited by ChikkyD

Automatically generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason:

If you disagree with this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

IB Survival Staff